Microwave Solids Flow Monitors Models SFD-2 & SF
Monitor's line of microwave solids flow monitors are high quality, industrial grade instruments capable of providing a signal indicating the flow/no-flow condition of solids and powders in gravity chutes, feeders and pneumatic pipelines. The Model SFD-2 Solids Flow Detector provides relay outputs that can be setup to indicate changes in the target flow stream (on/off). The Model SFI Solids Flow Indicator provides an analog output which varies with changing conditions of the material flow stream. These non-contact monitors contain no moving parts or probes that can wear out or break off in the material flow, thus ensuring process integrity.
The SFD-2 and SFI use low power microwaves to sense motion within the chute or pipeline being monitored. Microwaves are virtually unaffected by ambient noise and light, heat, humidity, pressure, vacuum, high or low temperatures or dust. This provides maximum effectiveness in typical industrial application environments. These advantages over sonic or mechanical flow monitors make microwave technology the best choice for solids flow monitoring.
Features of the SFD-2 and SFI Solid Flow Detectors include:
- sense light and heavy materials with small or large particles
- non-contact sensor detects flow through most non-metallic surfaces
- the non-intrusive flush mounting results in no probe protruding into the material flow
- the SFD-2 unit provides relay outputs and convenient remote electronics
- the SFI Solids Flow Indicator provides variable analog signal
- both sensors include CSA Class II, Division I Approval for hazardous locations